Residents’ views on Tolworth Greenway, along with the results of council reviews, will shape the next phase of the scheme’s development.
New measures being considered include:
- an extra “proper” pedestrian crossing
- signs to reinforce banned turns and u-turns by mororists
- enhanced traffic smoothing measures
- new colours and markings to make informal crossings more obvious
- reduce the slope at inset parking bays
- new ‘shared use’ signs for cyclists and pedestrians
- improvements to some paving.
Conservative Councillor Richard Hudson says:
The Greenway was an innovative approach to the Broadway but now desperately needs all the “snags” fixing. My approach as lead member is to ensure that ALL road users benefit from such schemes and any improvements are not focussed on small minorities.